Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tools That Have Helped Me So Far

There are two skills I have learned that are great to have for technical writing. The first is blogging. This last week I really learned the importance number 5 on Tom’s advice for technical writers. I was trying to get an internship. The manager of the company told me that he was impressed with my blog. It was a great feeling knowing that one small thing, like my blog, really set me apart from other candidates. It shows the personality of a writer. It is a great way to get your name out.

The second skill is web design. Computers are now an important part of the business world. The internet is widespread, and anyone who can pay for the domain name and hosting can have a website. The difference in getting a job or not is being able to design the site well. I have been learning how to design a website using Adobe Dreamweaver. While there are other products available, this is the one my class has been working with. It is good to have some knowledge of web design, so when an employer is speaking about web optimization you know what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment